Conditions for Entry
A candidate shall:
- Possess a thorough knowledge and understanding of the English language to enable him or her to benefit from a curriculum taught entirely in this language.
- Be up to the standard of the class appropriate to his or her age.
- Agree to conform to the regulations of the school and support school decisions.
- Live within the designated zone and be able to provide a valid address proof.
All ESF schools strictly follow the birth year to allocate the child's year group which means in ESF schools all children in a year group are born in the same calendar year. As we organise a differentiated curriculum we do not put a child in a year group above or below their chronological age.
The following year groups are for your reference for the academic year August 2013 to June 2014.
- Year 1 - Children born in 2008
- Year 2 - Children born in 2007
- Year 3 - Children born in 2006
- Year 4 - Children born in 2005
- Year 5 - Children born in 2004
- Year 6 - Children born in 2003
In order to be eligible for admission to Kennedy School, you must live within the school’s catchment area.
Central Applications to New Year 1
Central Application Period for Academic Year 2014/2015 (children born in 2009) will be closed on 30th September 2013. All late applications will be placed on wait-list according to priority (see ESF website at www.esf.edu.hk) and date order received. Please note that all applications received after the Central Application Period will be considered only after Central Applications have been processed.
School Fees and Capital Levy
ESF’s tuition fees for the academic year 2013/14 are as follows:-
Primary Schools (Primary 1 to 6) - HK$ 70,000 paid over 10 months
Secondary Schools (Year 7 to 11) - HK$ 101,400 paid over 10 months
Secondary Schools (Year 12 to 13) - HK$ 106,300 paid over 10 months
• New students are required to pay both deposit and refundable capital levy (RCL) when a place in school is accepted. Payment details can be found on ESF enrolment form.
• The amount of deposit for a primary and secondary school place are HK$10,000 and HK$16,000 respectively. Refundable capital levy is HK$25,000 per student and the levy for the third and any subsequent child in a family attending ESF School is reduced to HK$10,000 provided that the first 2 children are currently attending ESF Schools and each of them has paid the $25,000 RCL respectively.
• Both deposit and RCL payments are required when students transfer from an ESF primary school to an ESF secondary school. If RCL has already been paid when the student enrolled to ESF primary school, the student is not required to pay RCL again when he/she transfers from ESF primary school to ESF secondary school
• All students are required to make an advance payment of September’s fees for reserving the school place for the following school year. The advance payment of September’s fees will not be refunded if a student is subsequently not returning school in the following school year.
• After the introduction of RCL, existing students who have already paid RCL are exempt from the advance payment of September’s fee. However, if a student is not returning school in the following year and his / her parent does not inform ESF the withdrawal timely, tuition fees for September will be retained upon the refund of RCL.
• Fees are due on the first day of each month. Please note that parents are held responsible for payment of school fees regardless the fees are actually paid by their employers or by any other third parties.
• Effective August 2011, direct debit is mandatory in paying school fees for all students attending ESF schools. We recommend the “Limit for Each Month” to be set at HK$ 11,000 for primary and HK$ 14,000 for secondary.
• Statements of account and receipts are not sent to parents as fees are paid by monthly direct debit. However, payment receipts can be issued upon request. Please contact School Fees Section at firstname.lastname@example.org if receipt is required.
• There is a Financial Assistance Scheme available for families who experience financial hardship due to a sudden and unexpected change in circumstances. Financial assistance is not normally granted in the first year of admission. Information and application forms for the scheme are available from ESF Centre. Supporting documents on details for personal income and the circumstances from which the hardship arose will be required for all applications.
• Please note that if fee payments are overdue, students may be excluded from school. Once excluded, students will not be re-admitted until all arrears are cleared and at least one further month’s fees are paid in advance. Furthermore, there is no guarantee that an excluded student will be returned to his or her former class.
• Fees remain payable if a student goes on leave during term time.
• Please ensure that school and/or ESF Centre are notified of any change of address, telephone numbers or designated bank account for direct debit promptly.
• If your child is going to withdraw from the school, please complete the official “Student Withdrawal Notice” and submit the notice to school admission office at least one calendar month before the last attendance date. (E.g. for a child withdrawing on 27th June, the withdrawal notice needs to be received by 5:00pm on 27th May.) In any event if your child will be leaving school at the end of the school year, the withdrawal notice must be received by 5:00pm on 31st May. Student Withdrawal Notice is accessible at school’s web-site and available at school’s admission office.
• RCL is not transferrable and will be refunded within one month after your child’s last attendance date, net of any outstanding balance on account.
• If a student leaves or is admitted part way through the school year, attendance on any day in a particular month renders school fees payable for the entire month.
• This summary will be updated from time to time to reflect the current ESF School Fees Policy.
If you have any queries about fees or deposits please contact our Customer Services Hotline at 3762 2422 quoting, if possible, your child’s student account number, which is shown on all receipts.
Mailing Address : English Schools Foundation
G.P.O. Box 11284 Hong Kong.
Attention: Billing Section
Fax: 3018 0501
Please visit our ESF website at http://www.esf.edu.hk for Application form download and application details.