19 Sha Wan Drive, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Principal: Mr John Brewster
Tel: 2579 5600
Fax: 2817 7471
Office Manager: Joanna Lim
Kennedy School is part of the English Schools Foundation (ESF), Hong Kong’s largest provider of English-medium international education. ESF’s integrated network of 22 schools and comprehensive programme of after-school activities help to bring out the best in every student through a personalised approach to learning and by inspiring curious minds.
Kennedy School is a 5 form entry primary school. We follow the IB PYP Curriculum providing an outstanding education to 900 students representing a diverse range of nationalities. Kennedy provides a modern liberal international-style education to all of its students. Besides the usual curriculum subject areas, all children receive a daily Chinese lesson (Mandarin).
Standards and expectations at Kennedy School are high. The curriculum offered is aligned to the International Baccalaureate’s Primary Years Programme philosophy and framework. This involves an inquiry-based, investigative style of teaching and learning alongside a balanced delivery of core skills in literacy and numeracy.
The teaching staff are well qualified, experienced and work closely with colleagues within Kennedy School and across other ESF schools. Staff-pupil relationships are excellent and are based on a strong sense of mutual respect.
Central to the life of the school, is a positive community spirit and the strong partnerships with parents. Parents are viewed as partners in school life at KS.
We invite applications for the following positions :
PYP Coordinator (TLR2) (non-class based):
Kennedy School is seeking to appoint a PYP Coordinator (TLR 2) commencing August 2018. This position is non-class based and will be on a full-time two years renewable contract.
A PYP Coordinator will have proven teaching ability and be able to act as a pedagogical leader of the programme in the school. The IBO sees the responsibility for pedagogical leadership within the school as being a shared responsibility, to include both the PYP Coordinator and the primary school principal.
A commitment to collaborative planning is central to the philosophy of the PYP. The PYP Coordinator has a pivotal role in this process, taking responsibility for ensuring that pedagogical aspects are discussed, information is disseminated and the programme is planned, taught and assessed collaboratively.
Together with other members of the school’s management team, the PYP Coordinator is involved in the whole-school implementation and organisation of the programme. Besides maintaining contact with school administrators, the PYP Coordinator should communicate directly with all members of the teaching team and be involved in whole-school planning, as well as in-school and out-of-school professional development.
For details of main accountabilities in Leadership, Documentation, Professional Development, Resource Management and Communication, please download the Job Description.
• Bachelor Degree in Education, or
• Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent.
• An exemplary teaching background.
• Proven experience as a pedagogical leader within a PYP school environment.
Closing date : 13 Nov 2017
Please click here for more information about the position.
Mainscale Class Teachers
Kennedy School invites applications for full time Mainscale Class Teachers commencing August 2018.
The main role of the classroom teacher is to maximise student learning and development through the planning, preparation and teaching of programmes which meet students’ individual learning needs and achieve specific student outcomes. Teachers teach a range of student abilities and classes and are accountable for the effective delivery of their programmes. The classroom teacher engages in critical reflection in order to improve their knowledge and skills to better engage students and improve their learning.
Teaching and Assessment:
• Planning lessons and sequences of lessons to meet student’s individual learning needs and to ensure student’s progression.
• Using a range of appropriate strategies for teaching and learning and classroom management.
• Use flexible groupings and structured inquiry to deliver high quality lessons in line with the IBO philosophy.
• Maintain a well organised and stimulating learning environment.
• Use learning technologies such as the EWB and the VLE to enhance learning.
• Using information about prior attainment to set expectations for students.
• Using a range of assessment and reporting methods that show student’s achievement in relation to learning outcomes.
• Providing clear and constructive feedback to students and their parents and caregivers.
Wider professional roles:
• Planning and engaging in professional learning activities that support school and systematic priorities.
• Taking responsibility for own professional development and using the outcomes to improve teaching and students’ learning.
• Making an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school.
• Ensuring administration of classroom procedures are completed efficiently.
• Collaborating with members of the school community to build a team environment that supports students’ learning.
Additional responsibilities may include:
• Assisting with or managing an aspect of daily school management.
• Assisting year level co-ordinators, curriculum co-ordinators, student management co-ordinators, principal and vice principal with the performance of specific functions.
• Assisting with or managing a specialist function such as sport, careers, student welfare, excursions or camps co-ordination.
• Supervising a range of student activities including support and welfare programmes.
• Bachelor Degree in Education, or
• Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent
• 1-3 years teaching experience within a recognised educational organisation
Closing Date: 13 Nov 2017
All applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click “Job Listing”
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click “Apply & Continue”.
For enquiries, please contact Joanna Lim at +852 2855 0711 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the English Schools Foundation’s Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.