19 Sha Wan Drive, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Principal: Mr John Brewster
Tel: 2579 5600
Fax: 2817 7471
Office Manager: Joanna Lim
Kennedy School is part of the English Schools Foundation (ESF), Hong Kong’s largest provider of English-medium international education. ESF’s integrated network of 22 schools and comprehensive programme of after-school activities help to bring out the best in every student through a personalised approach to learning and by inspiring curious minds.
Kennedy School is a 5 form entry primary school. We follow the IB PYP Curriculum providing an outstanding education to 900 students representing a diverse range of nationalities. Kennedy provides a modern liberal international-style education to all of its students. Besides the usual curriculum subject areas, all children receive a daily Chinese lesson (Mandarin).
Standards and expectations at Kennedy School are high. The curriculum offered is aligned to the International Baccalaureate’s Primary Years Programme philosophy and framework. This involves an inquiry-based, investigative style of teaching and learning alongside a balanced delivery of core skills in literacy and numeracy.
The teaching staff are well qualified, experienced and work closely with colleagues within Kennedy School and across other ESF schools. Staff-pupil relationships are excellent and are based on a strong sense of mutual respect.
Central to the life of the school, is a positive community spirit and the strong partnerships with parents. Parents are viewed as partners in school life at Kennedy School.
Vice – Principal (August 2020)
Kennedy School is looking to appoint a Vice Principal. This position will be on a full-time two years renewable contract from August 2020. See ESF Terms and Condition for further details of the package.
Vice Principal roles are the most senior management roles in ESF schools next to the Principal. As such, the role provides strategic leadership, and manages broad curriculum and functional areas across the school. Vice Principal roles may be the Principal designate as required.
• Consistently champion and uphold the school’s core values and foster supportive relationships.
• Support the school’s mission statement and IB Learner profile.
• Develop and articulate a shared vision and strategic development plan for the school/phase and lead colleagues in achieving this.
• Create an atmosphere of mutual trust where collaboration, discussion, debate and teamwork are promoted within the school.
• Model exemplary professional practice.
• Contribute to the creation of the school’s learning community, fostering a spirit of inquiry, innovation, professional learning and reflection.
• Promote high standards and expectations through supporting performance.
Please click here for the specific job description.
• Bachelor Degree in Education, or
• Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent
• Evidence of further professional study eg. Masters
• Recent school senior leadership / Vice Principal experience essential
• Competitive salary and cash / housing allowance;
• International medical coverage;
• Education allowance for up to three children;
• 20% gratuity upon successful completion of the initial two-year contract
Applications must be made via the ESF’s online recruitment system which can be found on http://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Closing date : Thursday 28 November 2019
Long list candidates informed : Friday 29 November 2019
Interviews for long list candidates : Tuesday 3 December 2019
Presentation to staff by shortlisted candidates – Thursday 5 December 2019
Final interviews for shortlisted candidates : Friday 6 December 2019
Teaching in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a premier destination for expatriate and local teachers! ESF Teachers enjoy an extremely lucrative salary package and a very high standard of living overall, in an exciting and vibrant world city. The teaching profession is highly respected, student motivation and outcomes are excellent, and all teachers receive considerable support from ESF with settling into Hong Kong, as well as with their professional development. Please feel free to contact us in advance about life in Hong Kong if you feel a conversation on this topic would be helpful.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click “Job Listing”
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click “Apply & Continue”.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF’s Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.