19 Sha Wan Drive, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Principal: Mr John Brewster
Tel: 2579 5600
Fax: 2817 7471
Office Manager: Joanna Lim
Kennedy School is part of the English Schools Foundation (ESF), Hong Kong’s largest provider of English-medium international education. ESF’s integrated network of 22 schools and comprehensive programme of after-school activities help to bring out the best in every student through a personalised approach to learning and by inspiring curious minds.
Kennedy School is a 5 form entry primary school. We follow the IB PYP Curriculum providing an outstanding education to 900 students representing a diverse range of nationalities. Kennedy provides a modern liberal international-style education to all of its students. Besides the usual curriculum subject areas, all children receive a daily Chinese lesson (Mandarin).
Standards and expectations at Kennedy School are high. The curriculum offered is aligned to the International Baccalaureate’s Primary Years Programme philosophy and framework. This involves an inquiry-based, investigative style of teaching and learning alongside a balanced delivery of core skills in literacy and numeracy.
The teaching staff are well qualified, experienced and work closely with colleagues within Kennedy School and across other ESF schools. Staff-pupil relationships are excellent and are based on a strong sense of mutual respect.
Central to the life of the school, is a positive community spirit and the strong partnerships with parents. Parents are viewed as partners in school life at Kennedy School.
Mainscale Class Teacher (10 month contract – starting August 2019)
Kennedy School invites applications for the position of Mainscale Class Teacher. The position will be a ten month contract starting August 2019.
The main role of the classroom teacher is to maximise student learning and development through the planning, preparation and teaching of programmes which meet students’ individual learning needs and achieve specific student outcomes. Teachers teach a range of student abilities and classes and are accountable for the effective delivery of their programmes. The classroom teacher engages in critical reflection in order to improve their knowledge and skills to better engage students and improve their learning.
Teaching and Assessment:
- Planning lessons and sequences of lessons to meet student’s individual learning needs and to ensure student’s progression.
- Using a range of appropriate strategies for teaching and learning and classroom management.
- Use flexible groupings and structured inquiry to deliver high quality lessons in line with the IBO philosophy
- Maintain a well organised and stimulating learning environment
- Use technology to effectively enhance learning
- Using information about prior attainment to set expectations for students.
- Using a range of assessment and reporting methods that show student’s achievement in relation to learning outcomes.
- Providing clear and constructive feedback to students and their parents and caregivers.
Wider professional roles:
- Planning and engaging in professional learning activities that support school and systematic priorities.
- Taking responsibility for own professional development and using the outcomes to improve teaching and students’ learning.
- Making an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school.
- Ensuring administration of classroom procedures are completed efficiently
- Collaborating with members of the school community to build a team environment that supports students’ learning.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Assisting with or managing an aspect of daily school management.
- Assisting year level co-ordinators, curriculum co-ordinators, student management co-ordinators, principal and vice principal with the performance of specific functions.
- Assisting with or managing a specialist function such as sport, careers, student welfare, excursions or camps co-ordination.
- Supervising a range of student activities including support and welfare programmes.
- Bachelor Degree in Education, or
- Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent
- 1-3 years teaching experience within a recognised educational organisation
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Closing Date: 11 February 2019
For enquiries, please contact Joanna Lim at +852 2855 0711 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click “Job Listing”
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click “Apply & Continue”.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF’s Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.