19 Sha Wan Drive, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Principal: Mr John Brewster
Tel: 2579 5600
Fax: 2817 7471
Office Manager: Joanna Lim
Kennedy School is part of the English Schools Foundation (ESF), Hong Kong’s largest provider of English-medium international education. ESF’s integrated network of 22 schools and comprehensive programme of after-school activities help to bring out the best in every student through a personalised approach to learning and by inspiring curious minds.
Kennedy School is a 5 form entry primary school. We follow the IB PYP Curriculum providing an outstanding education to 900 students representing a diverse range of nationalities. Kennedy provides a modern liberal international-style education to all of its students. Besides the usual curriculum subject areas, all children receive a daily Chinese lesson (Mandarin).
Standards and expectations at Kennedy School are high. The curriculum offered is aligned to the International Baccalaureate’s Primary Years Programme philosophy and framework. This involves an inquiry-based, investigative style of teaching and learning alongside a balanced delivery of core skills in literacy and numeracy.
The teaching staff are well qualified, experienced and work closely with colleagues within Kennedy School and across other ESF schools. Staff-pupil relationships are excellent and are based on a strong sense of mutual respect.
Central to the life of the school, is a positive community spirit and the strong partnerships with parents. Parents are viewed as partners in school life at Kennedy School.
Teacher of Chinese
Kennedy School is seeking to appoint a Teacher of Chinese starting August 2019. The position will be a full-time two years contract, renewable by mutual consent.
Teaching and Assessment:
● Planning lessons and sequences of lessons to meet student’s individual learning needs and to ensure student’s progression
● Using a range of appropriate strategies for teaching and learning and classroom management
● Using information about prior attainment to set expectations for students
● Using a range of assessment and reporting methods that show student’s achievement in relation to learning outcomes
● Providing clear and constructive feedback to students and their parents and caregivers
Wider professional roles:
● Planning and engaging in professional learning activities that support school and systematic priorities
● Taking responsibility for own professional development and using the outcomes to improve teaching and students’ learning
● Making an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school
● Ensuring administration of classroom procedures are completed efficiently
● Collaborating with members of the school community to build a team environment that supports students’ learning
Additional responsibilities may include:
● Assisting with or managing an aspect of daily school management
● Contribute to the school extra-curricular programme / wider school activities within the year
● Assisting in the planning, implementation and review of teaching and learning programmes
● Assisting in the development of curriculum policies and programmes
● Contributing to the Foundation-wide professional development programme
• Bachelor Degree/Full Professional teaching qualification.
• More than 2 years’ teaching experience at international schools is desirable.
• Primary trained.
• Knowledge of English is a prerequisite.
• Genuine interest and experience in teaching children with different cultural background
For enquiries, please contact Joanna Lim at +852 2855 0711 or email@example.com
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click “Job Listing”
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click “Apply & Continue”.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF’s Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.